From check-in to arrival, your special ones are well cared for when traveling unaccompanied by an adult. One of our dedicated ground hostesses will meet them in the departures hall, and help them through the check-in and boarding process. Once in the air, our friendly onboard staff will make sure to give extra care to minors traveling alone, ensuring they have all they need as their journey progresses. Upon arrival, unaccompanied minors will only be delivered into the care of a pre-approved adult.
Booking a Ticket for Unaccompanied Minors
Visiting a Royal Jordanian office and filling in the required forms must be completed before a ticket for an unaccompanied minor will be issued. Names and details of drop-off and pickup adults must be submitted at this time.
Fees for Unaccompanied Minors
Children traveling alone are required to book tickets under our Unaccompanied Minor service, and are subject to the following service charges:
- on flights to Royal Jordanian gateways: $60 USD (or equivalent) except AQJ will be charge $30USD.
Ages & Requirements
The following are the age eligibility requirements for unaccompanied minors traveling with Royal Jordanian:
- Infants (0 – 2 years) are not eligible to travel on board Royal Jordanian flights unaccompanied.
- Toddlers (completed 2 years up to 5 years) are permitted to travel with a Royal Jordanian Escort on scheduled flights only to Royal Jordanian gateways. A Royal Jordanian Escort must be arranged at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
- Youngsters (completed 5 years up to 12 years ) are eligible to travel to Royal Jordanian gateways.
- Travelling to USA RJ gateways UMNR is considered for age 12-15 years old.
- Unaccompanied minor fees are nonrefundable .
- Each minor travelling with RJ shall hold a small bag offered by RJ sales offices with all travel documents & data needed.
- Please note that unaccompanied minors may only check-in at Queen Alia International Airport, and are not able to check-in at the Amman City Terminal.