For the purpose of this clause, each of the word “Process”, Processed” and “Processing” shall mean any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;
The data personal to a Member (“Data”) which is Processed by RJ may include the following:
- Membership Data and Data containing Membership of other frequent flyer programs.
- Travel-related Data.
- Data supplied by the Member.
- Data collected upon providing services to the Member.
- Data collected when the Member is in contact with RJ or a Partner.
Sources of the Data may include Partners, purchases of travel booked for or undertaken by the Member, travel agents, computer reservations system, data processors, agents, contractors and other airlines. For any of the purposes stated in the below paragraph, RJ may link together Data obtained from a number of sources or combine Data with data held on other RJ’s databases.
Each Member consents to the following:
- his/her Data being supplied to Partners, other airlines, data processors, agents, contractors;
- his/her Data being transferred to countries whether or not such countries have data protection laws;
- the Processing of any sensitive data included in his/her Data (such as data revealing a medical condition or religious belief); and
- the Processing of his/her Data which may be made by RJ or by a recipient of Data for the following purposes:
- providing Services to Members;
- making changes to Services and developing new Services;
- providing customer service on RJ’s flights and the Airline Partners’ flights and / or customer relations, service recovery and assisting RJ and Partners in future dealings with Members;
- accounting and audit, safety and security, fraud prevention and investigation, and systems testing, development and maintenance;
- the management and administration of the Royal Plus Program;
- immigration and customs control;
- customer profiling and other marketing and market research analysis;
- communicating to Member information about his/her Account, Royal Plus Program, including information about Royal Plus Program’s benefits and products, services or facilities offered by RJ, using any contact details provided by or on behalf of RJ;
- any other purpose which is obvious or is communicated to the Member.
The Member acknowledges and agrees that the Partners may use his / her Data to provide him / her with separate information about their products, services, offers or facilities.
Members are responsible for the security of their online logons and passwords and RJ shall have no liability in the events of a third person online access to the Data and making any transactions. The precedent events shall include but not limited to, the events in which a Member’s logon and / or password is disclosed by the Member, whether intentionally or not, so as to allow a third person on line access to the Data and to make any transactions. RJ reserves the right to block online access to Data by or through any third party website not authorized by RJ.
Members must notify RJ immediately and in writing of any changes in mailing address or any relevant information through the Website Pages or through the Frequent Flyer Office. RJ shall not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail.